Monday, September 15, 2008

Kettlebells

Most of you have probably never seen the exercise equipment above, but let me say they kick your butt! Last spring my boss decided to kickstart a fitness challenge among the employees and paid for group personal trainer for all of us. Needless to say, I did not win the challenge, but I become addicted to one exercise in general, kettlebells. Developed by Russians, this training equipment can do it all, cardio, toning, strength training, all of it. The gentleman who teaches this for the trainer offered to continue coaching us at no cost simply for our benefit and the promotion of the activity. It is awesome. Me and a couple of the girls from work still go twice a week to this guy and it makes you feel great. Plus you feel like an olympian! There are other pros too. It takes up less than 1 sq. ft. of my house, it is portable and I so do it anywhere I want, and the dent it leaves in the grass, is bigger than the dent it left in my bank account. Never in my life did I think I would enjoy throwing (literally) around a 26lb ball of solid iron around for fun. But, I am addicted! You can see it on you tube if your interested.

4 comments:

JEN & JEREMY said...

Hey guys! Nice to see you have joined the blogging world! Jer and I have a blog too so put it on your list! jnjatkinson.blogspot.com

The Bell Bunch said...

Hey guys I just found your blog! I want to see the You Tube video about the kettle balls. Are you back from crusin' yet? You need to post your pics!

The Bell Bunch said...

OOooppss! "Kettlebells" Sorry! I don't know how I can try it without knowing how to spell it right!

The Sorensons said...

I'm glad you found our blog! It's so good to hear from you again! Did you just barely start your blog? If so, welcome to the blogging world! I'm glad we can keep in touch!