Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lately......

Well, quite a bit has happened lately at the Walker residence. Some noteworthy, some not so much so I will try to to ramble forever.

During Memorial Day weekend we were helping my family move some furniture. I was carrying a dresser with West and rolled my ankle on a 2 x 4. As a recent of the rolled ankle, I dropped the dresser and then my head. My head hit the dresser and it started to swell IMMEDIATELY. Before I could stand up, I have a baseball size bump on my head. West saw the huge swell and ran over and applied pressure to my head to try to get the swelling to go down. Jeni ran to get some ice which I had on my head for 5 hours. Over the next few days I developed a huge black eye. I had such a bad headache in my life.

My sister Jeni moved into our house! We are so excited to have her! She is working at the Diner as a waitress. We now call her Laverne and she looks fantastic in that classic diner outfit. She has had a little more time off than she is used to and has taken it upon herself to touch up the paint on our walls. They are looking great!

Our basement is now finished (well mostly!). West has some more tinkering with his electronics and thus is in constant disarray, but we are loving it! Its great to sit back and admire the result of a lot of hard work.

And, finally.....we have been planning a rafting trip on the Green River through Desolation Canyon. We are so excited!!! We start on the river on Monday and we can hardly wait. We are going with our in laws, a neighbor, and our friends Jamie and Justun. We have been setting up rafts and checking parts, and packing so almost a month just to make sure it comes off with out a hitch!

Pictures of all of these events to follow.

3 comments:

Linda Hart said...

WOW! when you have news you really go all out. I sure hope you are ok! that must have been some hit to the head. That's what happens when you try to be nice. I'm excited Jenni has moved in with you. Bill and I will have to come up to the diner, it looks like a lot of fun!

Naylor family said...

Soooo sorry about your head and ankle. ouch! I am glad to hear Jeni is living with you maybe that will mean more blogging for her. Ha Ha. I love to hear from you guys and I really hope you have a fun and safe drip down the Green. We love you guys!!

The King's said...

Way to go Jess! I hope you are recovering...Take it easy. I am so glad Laverne has moved in. Does she get to wear a hair net and does she wear it around the house? I want to work at the diner and I would like to wear roller skates and a wig. Do you think they will hire me? I'll send in my resume....