Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving, West really wanted to stay home and just have the day with our little family since he has been working so much. I thought thought that sounded absurd and tried very hard to persuade him otherwise. The night before I almost had him giving in, and then.....I woke up with a throat so sore that every time I swallowed it felt like I was swallowing sandpaper! Talia had come down with a cold the day before and considering how I felt, I thought she must be feeling pretty awful too so I gave in and we decided to stay home. It was wonderful! We didn't do anything except lounge around as a family in our PJ's. Of course, I being a lover of the Turkey Day feast was a little disappointed that I wasn't going to get all that goodness. So we called West's dad before he headed to the celebration to come over and get our tupperware to bring back full. G.KNEE.US! Best turkey I ever had in my PJ's and a blanket watching Netflix! (And partially because Aunt Sue is a wonderful cook!) Now I know I would miss it if we did this all the time, but I think it would be nice if we were blessed with a cold every couple of years!

No comments: